HSBC hires ex-Citi telecoms banker in sector push-sources
LONDON/PARIS, March 19
LONDON/PARIS, March 19 (Reuters) - HSBC, Europe's biggest bank, has hired former Citi banker Daniel Bailey to lead its global telecom, media and technology (TMT) team, two people with direct knowledge of the matter said on Tuesday.
Bailey had been in the same role at Citigroup since 2006 and left as part of cost cuts the U.S. bank is making in response to the weak economic climate and due to tougher regulation.
Bailey will start at HSBC in April, one of the people said.
HSBC declined to comment.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Former 'American Idol' contestant Joanne Borgella dies at 32
- IBM to pay Globalfoundries $1.5 bln to take chip unit off its hands -WSJ