Hong Kong shares likely to open up 0.3 pct, Tencent rises
HONG KONG, March 19
HONG KONG, March 19 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were likely to open modestly higher on Tuesday, with benchmark index gains buoyed by a 2 percent climb for Chinese internet giant Tencent Holdings.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open up 0.3 percent at 22,138.1. The China Enterprises Index of the leading Chinese listings in Hong Kong was indicated to also start up 0.3 percent.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane flown deliberately toward Andamans - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off from Philadelphia airport