US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-S&P 500 closes down on Cyprus, Dow ends flat
NEW YORK, March 19
NEW YORK, March 19 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 fell for a third day on Tuesday, but pared losses late in the day after lawmakers in Cyprus rejected a proposed tax on bank deposits.
The Dow Jones industrial average inched up 3.84 points, or 0.03 percent, to end unofficially at 14,455.90. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index dipped 3.75 points, or 0.24 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,548.35. The Nasdaq Composite Index fell 8.50 points, or 0.26 percent, to close unofficially at 3,229.10.
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead