White House confirms Zients to stay as acting budget chief
WASHINGTON, March 19
WASHINGTON, March 19 (Reuters) - Jeff Zients will stay on as acting chief of the White House budget office, President Barack Obama's spokesman Jay Carney said on Tuesday, confirming a Reuters report.
Zients had been considered a front-runner to become U.S. trade chief.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- EU threatens Russia with more sanctions, but words ring hollow