White House confirms Zients to stay as acting budget chief
WASHINGTON, March 19
WASHINGTON, March 19 (Reuters) - Jeff Zients will stay on as acting chief of the White House budget office, President Barack Obama's spokesman Jay Carney said on Tuesday, confirming a Reuters report.
Zients had been considered a front-runner to become U.S. trade chief.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’