Russia's MTS Q4 net profit up 39 pct, beats fcast
MOSCOW, March 19
MOSCOW, March 19 (Reuters) - MTS, Russia's top mobile phone operator, reported on Tuesday a 39 percent year-on-year rise in fourth-quarter net profit to $547.3 million, beating market expectations.
The company also said it expects to pay more than $1 billion in dividends on 2012 earnings if its board approves a new dividend policy at a meeting at the end of April.
MTS, part of oil-to-telecoms conglomerate Sistema, said in November it aimed to link dividend payments to free cash flow. It currently bases dividends on net profit.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |