Russia's MTS Q4 net profit up 39 pct, beats fcast
MOSCOW, March 19
MOSCOW, March 19 (Reuters) - MTS, Russia's top mobile phone operator, reported on Tuesday a 39 percent year-on-year rise in fourth-quarter net profit to $547.3 million, beating market expectations.
The company also said it expects to pay more than $1 billion in dividends on 2012 earnings if its board approves a new dividend policy at a meeting at the end of April.
MTS, part of oil-to-telecoms conglomerate Sistema, said in November it aimed to link dividend payments to free cash flow. It currently bases dividends on net profit.
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- U.S. budget deal could usher in new era of cooperation