Egypt arrests former Libyan officials in Cairo
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian police arrested the former Libyan ambassador to Egypt and a cousin of late Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi on Tuesday, a security source told Reuters.
Ahmed Gaddafuldam, a cousin of Gaddafi who had been a special envoy at the Egyptian embassy and former ambassador Ali Maria were both arrested by Egyptian police and were on an Interpol list.
Police surrounded Gaddafuldam's apartment during his arrest, the source said.
(Reporting by Asma Alsharif, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California