Egypt arrests former Libyan officials in Cairo
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian police arrested the former Libyan ambassador to Egypt and a cousin of late Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi on Tuesday, a security source told Reuters.
Ahmed Gaddafuldam, a cousin of Gaddafi who had been a special envoy at the Egyptian embassy and former ambassador Ali Maria were both arrested by Egyptian police and were on an Interpol list.
Police surrounded Gaddafuldam's apartment during his arrest, the source said.
(Reporting by Asma Alsharif, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks