Egypt arrests former Libyan officials in Cairo
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian police arrested the former Libyan ambassador to Egypt and a cousin of late Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi on Tuesday, a security source told Reuters.
Ahmed Gaddafuldam, a cousin of Gaddafi who had been a special envoy at the Egyptian embassy and former ambassador Ali Maria were both arrested by Egyptian police and were on an Interpol list.
Police surrounded Gaddafuldam's apartment during his arrest, the source said.
(Reporting by Asma Alsharif, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Apple's iPhone sales beat Street but iPad volumes slide
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early