About 100,000 without power in Alabama after storms
March 19 (Reuters) - Alabama Power, a unit of Southern Co , said on Tuesday that it had about 98,200 homes and businesses without power following storms on Monday.
At the height of the outages, the company said it had more than 222,000 customers without power.
Most of the outages, about 50,000, are in the Birmingham area, Alabama Power said.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source