About 100,000 without power in Alabama after storms
March 19 (Reuters) - Alabama Power, a unit of Southern Co , said on Tuesday that it had about 98,200 homes and businesses without power following storms on Monday.
At the height of the outages, the company said it had more than 222,000 customers without power.
Most of the outages, about 50,000, are in the Birmingham area, Alabama Power said.
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on IS in Syria |
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- More Americans than ever have never married: survey