About 100,000 without power in Alabama after storms
March 19 (Reuters) - Alabama Power, a unit of Southern Co , said on Tuesday that it had about 98,200 homes and businesses without power following storms on Monday.
At the height of the outages, the company said it had more than 222,000 customers without power.
Most of the outages, about 50,000, are in the Birmingham area, Alabama Power said.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested near Canada's prime minister in sign of tensions |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor