About 100,000 without power in Alabama after storms
March 19 (Reuters) - Alabama Power, a unit of Southern Co , said on Tuesday that it had about 98,200 homes and businesses without power following storms on Monday.
At the height of the outages, the company said it had more than 222,000 customers without power.
Most of the outages, about 50,000, are in the Birmingham area, Alabama Power said.
- Hamas defends Gaza ambush blamed for ending ceasefire |
- Bible left in North Korean sailor's club triggered U.S. tourist's arrest
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight