America Movil seeks to boost share repurchase firepower
MEXICO CITY, March 19
MEXICO CITY, March 19 (Reuters) - Mexican tycoon Carlos Slim's telecom giant America Movil aims to boost by 40 billion pesos ($3.21 billion) the fund it uses to repurchase shares, the company said in a statement to the Mexican stock exchange on Tuesday.
The announcement came more than a week after Mexico announced a sweeping reform of the sector aimed at boosting competition that has hit the company's share price.
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies