America Movil seeks to boost share repurchase firepower
MEXICO CITY, March 19
MEXICO CITY, March 19 (Reuters) - Mexican tycoon Carlos Slim's telecom giant America Movil aims to boost by 40 billion pesos ($3.21 billion) the fund it uses to repurchase shares, the company said in a statement to the Mexican stock exchange on Tuesday.
The announcement came more than a week after Mexico announced a sweeping reform of the sector aimed at boosting competition that has hit the company's share price.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba surges on massive demand in trading debut |
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change