America Movil seeks to boost share repurchase firepower
MEXICO CITY, March 19
MEXICO CITY, March 19 (Reuters) - Mexican tycoon Carlos Slim's telecom giant America Movil aims to boost by 40 billion pesos ($3.21 billion) the fund it uses to repurchase shares, the company said in a statement to the Mexican stock exchange on Tuesday.
The announcement came more than a week after Mexico announced a sweeping reform of the sector aimed at boosting competition that has hit the company's share price.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Reporter allowed to keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule