America Movil seeks to boost share repurchase firepower
MEXICO CITY, March 19
MEXICO CITY, March 19 (Reuters) - Mexican tycoon Carlos Slim's telecom giant America Movil aims to boost by 40 billion pesos ($3.21 billion) the fund it uses to repurchase shares, the company said in a statement to the Mexican stock exchange on Tuesday.
The announcement came more than a week after Mexico announced a sweeping reform of the sector aimed at boosting competition that has hit the company's share price.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- Japan stocks see biggest gain this year, lead sharp Asia rebound