China's Suntech declares bankruptcy - Xinhua
BEIJING, March 20
BEIJING, March 20 (Reuters) - China-based solar panel maker Suntech Power Holdings declared bankruptcy on Wednesday, state news agency Xinhua said.
On Monday Suntech said that it had defaulted on $541 million of its bonds due on Friday, triggering cross-defaults on loans from International Finance Corp and Chinese lenders.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote