European Union lawmakers agree to cap bankers' bonuses
BRUSSELS, March 20
BRUSSELS, March 20 (Reuters) - European Union lawmakers agreed to bar bankers in Europe from getting bonuses bigger than their salaries, EU officials said on Wednesday.
"A deal is done," said one official who attended the negotiations.
The rules, part of a wider reform of capital regulation for banks, would limit banker bonuses to the equivalent of their salary, or two times their salary if shareholders agree. They represent the toughest bonus regime anywhere in the world.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner