Cyprus considering capital restrictions if banks reopen-official
NICOSIA, March 20
NICOSIA, March 20 (Reuters) - The Cypriot government is considering whether to allow banks to reopen on Thursday and could impose capital restrictions if they do, a senior government official said.
"At the moment the issue is if and how banks will reopen tomorrow. Capital restrictions being considered," the official, who declined to be named, said in a text message to Reuters.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'