Cyprus considering capital restrictions if banks reopen-official
NICOSIA, March 20
NICOSIA, March 20 (Reuters) - The Cypriot government is considering whether to allow banks to reopen on Thursday and could impose capital restrictions if they do, a senior government official said.
"At the moment the issue is if and how banks will reopen tomorrow. Capital restrictions being considered," the official, who declined to be named, said in a text message to Reuters.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |