- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
General Mills profit rises, helped by acquisitions
March 20 |
March 20 (Reuters) - General Mills Inc reported a higher quarterly profit on Wednesday, helped by the recent acquisitions of Yoki Alimentos in Brazil and Yoplait Canada.
The maker of Cheerios cereal and Progresso soups said net income was $398.4 million, or 60 cents per share, in the third quarter ended on Feb. 24, compared with $391.5 million, or 58 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding one-time items, earnings were 64 cents per share.
Net sales rose 7.5 percent to $4.43 billion.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this