General Mills profit rises, helped by acquisitions
March 20 (Reuters) - General Mills Inc reported a higher quarterly profit on Wednesday, helped by the recent acquisitions of Yoki Alimentos in Brazil and Yoplait Canada.
The maker of Cheerios cereal and Progresso soups said net income was $398.4 million, or 60 cents per share, in the third quarter ended on Feb. 24, compared with $391.5 million, or 58 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding one-time items, earnings were 64 cents per share.
Net sales rose 7.5 percent to $4.43 billion.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East