JPMorgan, MF Global Inc trustee reach settlement
March 19 (Reuters) - JPMorgan Chase & Co has agreed to pay $100 million to MF Global Inc as part of a settlement reached with the trustee liquidating the broker-dealer unit of MF Global Holdings, a court filing showed.
As part of the settlement, JPMorgan will also return more than $29 million in the brokerage's funds held by the bank, while releasing claims on $417 million that was previously returned to the trustee James Giddens, who is working on recovering money lost by the customers.
The case is In re: MF Global Inc, case No. 11-2790, in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York.
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in dispute over envoy's New York arrest |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- The Fabulously Entrepreneurial Life of Ronnie Biggs