Lennar profit surges on higher home sales
March 20 (Reuters) - Homebuilder Lennar Corp's quarterly profit jumped nearly three-fold as home sale closings rose 28 percent.
Net income rose to $57.5 million, or 26 cents per share, in the first quarter, from $15 million, or 8 cents per share, a year earlier.
New orders rose 34 percent to 4,055 homes.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia