Metro says happy with Booker stake
DUESSELDORF, Germany, March 20
DUESSELDORF, Germany, March 20 (Reuters) - German retailer Metro AG said it is happy with its ownership of a 9 percent stake in UK cash and carry firm Booker, and an exit is not on the cards.
Metro acquired the stake and agreed a lock-up as part of a deal to sell its cash and carry operations in Britain to Booker last year.
"Right now we are very happy with ownership, so there is not a necessity to speculate right now about stepping out of the 9 percent," Chief Executive Olaf Koch told analysts.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South