Metro says happy with Booker stake
DUESSELDORF, Germany, March 20
DUESSELDORF, Germany, March 20 (Reuters) - German retailer Metro AG said it is happy with its ownership of a 9 percent stake in UK cash and carry firm Booker, and an exit is not on the cards.
Metro acquired the stake and agreed a lock-up as part of a deal to sell its cash and carry operations in Britain to Booker last year.
"Right now we are very happy with ownership, so there is not a necessity to speculate right now about stepping out of the 9 percent," Chief Executive Olaf Koch told analysts.
- U.S.' Kerry voices 'regret' to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study
- Mega Millions winning lottery tickets sold in California, Georgia |