Cypriot minister hopes to secure Russia loan deal
MOSCOW, March 20
MOSCOW, March 20 (Reuters) - Cypriot Finance Minister Michael Sarris said before talks in Moscow that he hoped to secure a loan agreement with Russia on Wednesday.
"We're hoping for a good outcome, but we cannot really predict," Sarris told reporters on the way in to talks with Russian Finance minister Anton Siluanov.
Cyprus has asked Russia for a five-year extension of an existing loan of 2.5 billion euros ($3.22 billion) that matures in 2016, as well as a reduction in the 4.5 percent rate of interest.
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- 'Excessive' rubbing of engine blades caused F-35 failure: Pentagon