Cypriot minister hopes to secure Russia loan deal
MOSCOW, March 20
MOSCOW, March 20 (Reuters) - Cypriot Finance Minister Michael Sarris said before talks in Moscow that he hoped to secure a loan agreement with Russia on Wednesday.
"We're hoping for a good outcome, but we cannot really predict," Sarris told reporters on the way in to talks with Russian Finance minister Anton Siluanov.
Cyprus has asked Russia for a five-year extension of an existing loan of 2.5 billion euros ($3.22 billion) that matures in 2016, as well as a reduction in the 4.5 percent rate of interest.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls