Contador out of Criterium International with influenza
PARIS (Reuters) - Spain's Alberto Contador has been ruled out of this weekend's Criterium International cycling race because of a bout of influenza.
Contador's press office said in a statement that the double Tour de France champion had caught a cold during races in Italy earlier this month.
His next race will be the Tour of the Basque country from April 1-6.
Tour de France runner-up Chris Froome of Britain and Australian Cadel Evans, the 2011 Tour champion, will be the favorites in Corsica on Saturday and Sunday.
(Reporting by Julien Pretot; Editing by Clare Fallon)
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |