- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Global shares firm, dollar steady before Fed decision
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
Bank of Cyprus urges government to agree deal to save economy
NICOSIA, March 21 |
NICOSIA, March 21 (Reuters) - Bank of Cyprus appealed to the island's political leadership on Thursday to broker an immediate deal for funding with the EU to stave off financial ruin.
"It is imperative to move immediately towards brokering a deal with the Eurogroup which would ensure unobstructed liquidity to Cypriot banks to save the Cypriot economy," the island's largest lender said in a statement.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this