Bank of Cyprus urges government to agree deal to save economy
NICOSIA, March 21
NICOSIA, March 21 (Reuters) - Bank of Cyprus appealed to the island's political leadership on Thursday to broker an immediate deal for funding with the EU to stave off financial ruin.
"It is imperative to move immediately towards brokering a deal with the Eurogroup which would ensure unobstructed liquidity to Cypriot banks to save the Cypriot economy," the island's largest lender said in a statement.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in Manhattan hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- Stress tests, Ebola cool global stocks after best week of year