Bank of Cyprus urges government to agree deal to save economy
NICOSIA, March 21
NICOSIA, March 21 (Reuters) - Bank of Cyprus appealed to the island's political leadership on Thursday to broker an immediate deal for funding with the EU to stave off financial ruin.
"It is imperative to move immediately towards brokering a deal with the Eurogroup which would ensure unobstructed liquidity to Cypriot banks to save the Cypriot economy," the island's largest lender said in a statement.
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Timeline: The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official