Bank of Cyprus urges government to agree deal to save economy
NICOSIA, March 21
NICOSIA, March 21 (Reuters) - Bank of Cyprus appealed to the island's political leadership on Thursday to broker an immediate deal for funding with the EU to stave off financial ruin.
"It is imperative to move immediately towards brokering a deal with the Eurogroup which would ensure unobstructed liquidity to Cypriot banks to save the Cypriot economy," the island's largest lender said in a statement.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Pennsylvania sniper held without bail in trooper shooting |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap
- Gazprom to resume gas supply after Ukraine pays $2.2 billion