Euro zone ready to discuss new bailout proposal from Cyprus
ATHENS, March 21
ATHENS, March 21 (Reuters) - The euro zone is ready to discuss a new draft proposal from Cyprus that it expects to receive soon, the bloc's finance ministers said in a statement after a conference call on Thursday to discuss the crisis in the island nation.
Euro zone ministers reaffirmed the importance of fully guaranteeing bank deposits below 100,000 euros in the European Union, the Eurogroup statement said.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic