Cyprus cbank denies second largest lender to be shut down
NICOSIA, March 21
NICOSIA, March 21 (Reuters) - The Cypriot central bank denied reports and frantic rumours on Thursday that stricken Cyprus Popular Bank, the island's second-largest lender, is to be closed down.
"We deny these reports. Efforts are under way right now to find the best possible solution for this bank," Central Bank spokeswoman Aliki Stylianou told state television.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling