Cyprus cbank denies second largest lender to be shut down
NICOSIA, March 21
NICOSIA, March 21 (Reuters) - The Cypriot central bank denied reports and frantic rumours on Thursday that stricken Cyprus Popular Bank, the island's second-largest lender, is to be closed down.
"We deny these reports. Efforts are under way right now to find the best possible solution for this bank," Central Bank spokeswoman Aliki Stylianou told state television.
- U.S.' Kerry voices 'regret' to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study
- Mega Millions winning lottery tickets sold in California, Georgia |