Cyprus cbank denies second largest lender to be shut down
NICOSIA, March 21
NICOSIA, March 21 (Reuters) - The Cypriot central bank denied reports and frantic rumours on Thursday that stricken Cyprus Popular Bank, the island's second-largest lender, is to be closed down.
"We deny these reports. Efforts are under way right now to find the best possible solution for this bank," Central Bank spokeswoman Aliki Stylianou told state television.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park