Cyprus cbank denies second largest lender to be shut down
NICOSIA, March 21
NICOSIA, March 21 (Reuters) - The Cypriot central bank denied reports and frantic rumours on Thursday that stricken Cyprus Popular Bank, the island's second-largest lender, is to be closed down.
"We deny these reports. Efforts are under way right now to find the best possible solution for this bank," Central Bank spokeswoman Aliki Stylianou told state television.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image