France's Sarkozy investigated in Bettencourt affair-judicial source
March 21 (Reuters) - Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy was placed under formal investigation on Thursday in relation to a case involving L'Oreal heiress Liliane Bettencourt, a judicial source said.
The source said the former president was being investigated for taking advantage of a vulnerable person.
Sarkozy has repeatedly denied taking campaign funds from Bettencourt, France's richest woman. (Reporting by John Irish; Editing by Sophie Hares)
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- U.S., EU impose sanctions after Crimea moves to join Russia |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- China rejects North Korean crimes report, hits chance of prosecution
- A plunge in U.S. preschool obesity? Not so fast, experts say