Italy president to announce on Friday next step in trying to form govt
ROME, March 21
ROME, March 21 (Reuters) - President Giorgio Napolitano said he would announce on Friday his decision on the next steps towards forming a new Italian government.
Napolitano made a brief announcement to reporters at his Quirinale palace on Thursday evening, after completing two days of consultations with political parties on how to end a deep impasse following inconclusive elections in February.
"I need to review my ideas on what decision to take. Tomorrow I will announce and explain them," Napolitano said.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia