Italy president to announce on Friday next step in trying to form govt
ROME, March 21
ROME, March 21 (Reuters) - President Giorgio Napolitano said he would announce on Friday his decision on the next steps towards forming a new Italian government.
Napolitano made a brief announcement to reporters at his Quirinale palace on Thursday evening, after completing two days of consultations with political parties on how to end a deep impasse following inconclusive elections in February.
"I need to review my ideas on what decision to take. Tomorrow I will announce and explain them," Napolitano said.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Student opens fire at Colorado high school, wounds two classmates
- Man arrested for suspected suicide plot to blow up Kansas airport
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain