Japan finmin: BOJ can't easily reach 2 pct price goal in 2 years
TOKYO, March 21
TOKYO, March 21 (Reuters) - It is doubtful whether the Bank of Japan can easily achieve its two percent inflation goal within a proposed two-year time limit, Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso said on Thursday.
Aso, speaking in parliament, also said revising a law which guarantees the central bank's independence is a future option but that now is not the time to pursue such a subject.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |