REFILE-Nikkei hits 4-1/2 year high on Fed optimism, BOJ easing hopes
TOKYO, March 21 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose to a 4-1/2 year high on Thursday, bolstered by the U.S. Federal Reserve's pledge to maintain stimulus and expectations of further monetary easing from the Bank of Japan's new leadership. The Nikkei rose 1.2 percent to 12,621.66, its highest since early September 2008. The broader Topix gained 1.2 percent to 1,058.54.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source