US Foreign Investment committee approves T-Mobile-MetroPCS deal
FRANKFURT, March 21
FRANKFURT, March 21 (Reuters) - Deutsche Telekom said on Thursday it had received approval for the merger of its T-Mobile USA unit with U.S.-based MetroPCS from the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS).
Earlier, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the US Department of Justice (DoJ) had given the green light.
Deutsche Telekom said all it needed now was the approval of MetroPCS shareholders, which will vote on the deal on April 12.
- Israel knocks out Gaza power plant, digs in for long fight |
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; Ukraine fighting kills dozens