Brazil's Batista confirms talks to sell MPX stake to E.ON
RIO DE JANEIRO/SAO PAULO, March 21
RIO DE JANEIRO/SAO PAULO, March 21 (Reuters) - Eike Batista, the controlling shareholder of Brazilian energy company MPX Energia SA, confirmed on Thursday he is in talks to sell a stake in the company to Germany's E.ON SE, according to a securities filing.
Batista said he has no plans to surrender control of MPX, and said there are talks under way to bolster the company's capital position.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls