Brazil's Batista confirms talks to sell MPX stake to E.ON
RIO DE JANEIRO/SAO PAULO, March 21
RIO DE JANEIRO/SAO PAULO, March 21 (Reuters) - Eike Batista, the controlling shareholder of Brazilian energy company MPX Energia SA, confirmed on Thursday he is in talks to sell a stake in the company to Germany's E.ON SE, according to a securities filing.
Batista said he has no plans to surrender control of MPX, and said there are talks under way to bolster the company's capital position.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |