Brazil's Batista confirms talks to sell MPX stake to E.ON
RIO DE JANEIRO/SAO PAULO, March 21
RIO DE JANEIRO/SAO PAULO, March 21 (Reuters) - Eike Batista, the controlling shareholder of Brazilian energy company MPX Energia SA, confirmed on Thursday he is in talks to sell a stake in the company to Germany's E.ON SE, according to a securities filing.
Batista said he has no plans to surrender control of MPX, and said there are talks under way to bolster the company's capital position.
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- U.S. Navy maintains grounding order for F-35 fighter jets
- German suspect was in contact with State Dept not U.S. spies: officials