Nike posts higher profit, shares rise
March 21 (Reuters) - Nike Inc on Thursday posted a larger quarterly profit and said future demand for its apparel and shoes rose, sending its shares up five percent.
Orders for Nike-branded shoes and clothing scheduled for delivery from March through July 2013, known as futures orders, rose 6 percent compared to orders reported for the same period last year.
For the third quarter ended Feb. 28, the company earned $662 million, or 73 cents a share, compared with $569 million, or 61 cents a share last year.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay over $50 billion in Yukos case
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Europe nervy as Russian assets hit by new sanctions talk
- Ukraine troops advance as experts renew attempt to reach crash site