RPT-Galleon Group founder's brother charged with insider trading
NEW YORK, March 21
NEW YORK, March 21 (Reuters) - The brother of convicted Galleon Group founder Raj Rajaratnam was indicted Thursday on insider trading charges.
Prosecutors said Rengan Rajaratnam, 42, allegedly conspired with his brother to trade on non-public information concerning Clearwire Corp and Advanced Micro Devices, Inc in 2008.
Rengan was a former portfolio manager at Galleon. The trades resulted in nearly $1.2 million in profits, according to the Manhattan U.S. Attorney's Office.
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Ukrainian protesters topple Lenin statue in challenge to Yanukovich