Tibco's quarterly revenue misses estimates, shares fall
March 21 (Reuters) - Business software maker Tibco Software Inc reported quarterly revenue that missed analysts' estimates and an in-line profit, sending its shares down 11 percent in extended trade.
Net income more than halved to $9.5 million, or 6 cents per share, in the first quarter, from $20.6 million, or 12 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 5 percent to $237.8 million.
Analysts on average had expected adjusted earnings of 18 cents per share on revenue of $242.5 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Shares of the company were down at $20.75 in trading after the bell. They closed at $23.17 on the Nasdaq on Thursday.
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria |
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Bin Laden son-in-law sentenced to life in U.S. prison
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace