CB&I Announces Technology Acquisition
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
http://pdf.reuters.com/htmlnews/8knews.asp?i=43059c3bf0e37541&u=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20130321:nBw215200a THE WOODLANDS, Texas--(Business Wire)-- CB&I (NYSE: CBI) announced today it has entered into an agreement with Phillips 66 (NYSE: PSX) to acquire the company`s E-Gas Technology business. The E-Gas solids gasification technology is a commercially proven process to convert coal or petroleum coke (petcoke) into syngas, which can be used for power generation or further converted to substitute natural gas, hydrogen and downstream methanol-related chemicals production. "We look forward to adding the E-Gas Technology to our portfolio, which will mark our entry into the syngas value chain. It also will bring added synergy to our delayed coking technology offering for integrated power generation, and other options to the refining and power industries," said Daniel McCarthy, group president of CB&I`s Technology operating group. About CB&I CB&I (NYSE:CBI) is the most complete energy infrastructure focused company in the world and a major provider of government services. Drawing upon more than a century of experience and the expertise of approximately 50,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality. For more information, visit www.cbi.com. CB&I Investors: Christi Thoms, +1 832 513 1200 Media: www.CBI.com Copyright Business Wire 2013
- Hong Kong police use pepper spray to disperse pro-democracy protesters |
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles
- Putin calls for talks on east Ukraine 'statehood'; rebels fire on ship |
- Pakistani protesters push closer to PM house, force TV off the air |
- Israel claims West Bank land for possible settlement use, draws U.S. rebuke