Cyprus Popular Bank restricts ATM withdrawals
NICOSIA (Reuters) - Stricken Cyprus Popular Bank imposed a 260 euro per day limit on ATM withdrawals on Thursday to cope with high demand, the island's second largest lender said in a statement.
Customers queued to withdraw funds on Thursday on widespread rumors that the bank was to be closed down, later denied by the central bank.
(Reporting by Michele Kambas; Writing by Matt Robinson)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- U.S. orders airlines to replace cockpit displays on 1,300 Boeing airplanes
- Japan volcano death toll likely to rise to around 46 as more victims found