Cyprus Popular Bank restricts ATM withdrawals
NICOSIA (Reuters) - Stricken Cyprus Popular Bank imposed a 260 euro per day limit on ATM withdrawals on Thursday to cope with high demand, the island's second largest lender said in a statement.
Customers queued to withdraw funds on Thursday on widespread rumors that the bank was to be closed down, later denied by the central bank.
(Reporting by Michele Kambas; Writing by Matt Robinson)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections