Pro-Assad cleric killed in Damascus mosque blast: TV
BEIRUT (Reuters) - A blast at a mosque in central Damascus on Thursday killed the high-level cleric Mohammed al-Buti, state television said.
Buti, believed to be in his 90s, was a staunch supporter of President Bashar al-Assad and the Imam of Damascus's historic Ummayyad Mosque.
(Reporting by Erika Solomon; Editing by Michael Roddy)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia