Pro-Assad cleric killed in Damascus mosque blast: TV
BEIRUT (Reuters) - A blast at a mosque in central Damascus on Thursday killed the high-level cleric Mohammed al-Buti, state television said.
Buti, believed to be in his 90s, was a staunch supporter of President Bashar al-Assad and the Imam of Damascus's historic Ummayyad Mosque.
(Reporting by Erika Solomon; Editing by Michael Roddy)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video