Facebook backer Accel Partners closes $475 million fund
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Accel, the venture capital firm behind social network Facebook, has closed a new $475 million fund, the firm said on Thursday.
Accel London IV will invest in early- and growth-stage companies in the consumer Internet, big data, cloud, software and mobile sectors, the firm said.
Accel London's current portfolio includes companies such as Rovio, the Finnish developer behind the popular Angry Birds game, and Wonga, the British consumer-lending site.
Accel's last big funds include Accel Growth Fund II, an $875 million vehicle that closed in June 2011, and Accel XI, a $475 million vehicle that also closed in June 2011.
The firm said the latest fund was raised in 8 weeks.
(Reporting by Sarah McBride; Editing by Dan Grebler)
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source