Argentina Jan primary budget surplus widens to 816 mln pesos
BUENOS AIRES, March 22
BUENOS AIRES, March 22 (Reuters) - Argentina posted a primary budget surplus of 815.7 million pesos ($160 million) in January, widening 31 percent from a surplus of 622.4 million pesos a year earlier, the government said on Friday.
The primary budget balance shows government finances before debts are paid. It is an important indicator of fiscal health in Argentina, which has been virtually shut out of global credit markets since a 2002 default.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean: source |
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data