AT&T says District 9 union fails to ratify wireline contract
March 22 (Reuters) - AT&T Inc said the Communications Workers of America District 9 failed to ratify a three-year wireline contract with AT&T West.
The contract would have covered more than 17,000 wireline employees in California and Nevada, the telephone company said.
AT&T West had reached a tentative agreement with the union on Feb 20.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Obama tells Israel U.S. ready to help end hostilities
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |