BlackRock hires Credit Suisse exec to bolster hedge fund unit
March 22 (Reuters) - BlackRock, the world's largest money manager, hired Andy Stewart, the head of one of Credit Suisse's hedge fund units, to bolster its own alternatives business.
Stewart will co-head New York-based BlackRock's hedge fund and private equity division alongside current leader Matt Botein, who will take on the additional title of chief investment officer for alternatives, the firm said in a memo on Friday.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls