Greece starts process to acquire local units of Cyprus banks
ATHENS, March 22
ATHENS, March 22 (Reuters) - Greece has begun the transfer of Greek units of Cypriot banks to a Greek banking group in coordination with the Cypriot central bank, the country's finance ministry said on Friday.
That came after Cyprus said it had agreed with Greece on a takeover of the units, ending uncertainty over their fate. The branches in Greece been shut this week in line with an extended bank holiday in Cyprus.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions