Euro gains after sources say Eurogroup ministers to meet Sunday
NEW YORK, March 22
NEW YORK, March 22 (Reuters) - The euro extended gains versus the dollar and yen in late trade on Friday after two euro zone sources told Reuters finance ministers of the 17-nation euro zone will hold talks on Sunday on the bailout crisis in Cyprus.
The euro rose as high as $1.3004, just below a session peak, compared with $1.2986 before the news. It was last at $1.3004, up 0.8 percent on the day.
Against the yen, the euro rose 0.4 percent to 122.85 yen .
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |