PRESS DIGEST - China - March 22
SHANGHAI, March 22
SHANGHAI, March 22 (Reuters) - Chinese newspapers available in Beijing and Shanghai carried the following stories on Friday. Reuters has not checked the stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
CHINA BUSINESS NEWS
-- China will bar brokerages from marketing wealth management products that sell to more than 200 individual investors, starting June 1.
SHANGHAI SECURITIES NEWS
-- China has approved setting up of the National Radio and Television Network Company, in a move that will accelerate the integration of TV and Internet.
-- More than 20,000 college students in Wuhan have taken high-interest loans to buy fancy electronic products, mostly Apple devices, according to an official of Home Credit China.
-- Around 50,000 people die of tuberculosis every year in China, with about 1 million new cases reported annually, according to a health official.
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter