Santander sees earnings pick-up after property clean-up
SANTANDER, Spain, March 22
SANTANDER, Spain, March 22 (Reuters) - Spanish lender Santander said on Friday it expected to see strong earnings growth in 2013 once a clean-up of its real estate assets was completed.
"Our profit reached a turning point in 2012 and in 2013, once the real estate clean-up is finished, we will see a strong increase in earnings," Chairman Emilio Botin said at the company's annual shareholders' meeting in Santander in northern Spain. (Reporting by Jesus Aguado; Writing by Clare Kane; Editing by Paul Day)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |