Cyprus faces hard choices, tough future - EU's Rehn
BRUSSELS, March 23
BRUSSELS, March 23 (Reuters) - Cyprus faces a very difficult near-term future and must take hard decisions, with no perfect solution available, European Economic and Monetary Affairs Commissioner Olli Rehn said on Saturday
Rehn said the European Commission was working hard to bring about a solution to help Cyprus and that it was essential that euro zone finance ministers reached an agreement on Sunday evening on a rescue deal.
"Unfortunately, the events of recent days have led to a situation where there are no longer any optimal solutions available. Today, there are only hard choices left," Rehn said in a statement.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |