French finmin: not reasonable to touch smaller Cypriot depositors
BRUSSELS, March 24
BRUSSELS, March 24 (Reuters) - Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades embarked on last-minute crisis talks with international lenders in an attempt to save the Mediterranean island from financial meltdown.
The talks with EU, European Central Bank and IMF leaders in Brussels will be followed by a meeting of euro zone finance ministers, intended to help Cyprus meet a Monday deadline to avert collapse of its banking system and potential exit from the euro.
For comments from officials and ministers ahead of the finance ministers' meeting click on
- U.S.' Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study