Injured Jones to miss U.S. game with Mexico
March 24 - U.S. midfielder Jermaine Jones will miss Tuesday's game with Mexico at the Azteca Stadium due to a left ankle sprain, a team spokesman said on Sunday.
Jones suffered the injury in Friday's 1-0 win over Costa Rica in Denver.
The German-born player was an immense presence in midfield in the snow-plagued game, setting the tone with his hard running and tackling.
Maurice Edu is the most likely replacement for Jones.
The United States, who have three points from two games, have never beat Mexico at the Azteca in a qualifier.
(Reporting by Simon Evans in Mexico City, editing by Gene Cherry)
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- Florida man charged with murdering son so he could play video games
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official